Depending on your browser and the type of document you are downloading (Kindle, HTML, PDF), your download may automatically download to a default location. Here is how to find or change this location:
*Your first name is required in your Product Profile for Kindle downloads to work.
1. Open Internet Explorer 9.
2. Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then click on View downloads. Note: You could also press CTRL + J instead.
3. Click on the Options link.
4. Click on the Browse button.
5. Navigate to and select (highlight) the folder that you want IE9 to use as the default download location, then click on the Select Folder button.
6. Click on OK.
7. Click on Close.
1. Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click the Under the Hood tab and scroll down to the "Downloads" section.
4. To change the default download location, click Change and select where you'd like your files to be saved.
5. If you'd rather choose a specific location for each download, select the "Ask where to save each file before downloading" checkbox.
If you didn't change your default download location, then Google Chrome downloads files to the following locations:
Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Downloads
Windows Vista/7: \Users\<username>\Downloads
1. Go to the Options menu in Firefox.
2. Under the General tab look for the Downloads section.
3. Browse to a location in the “Save files to” option screen.
4. Click on OK.
Alternatively, you can have Firefox prompt you for a location for every download by choosing the option “Always ask me where to save files” instead
1. Select General from the Preferences menu, which is now overlaying your browser window.
2. Once General is selected, you will notice a section labeled Save downloaded files to:.
3. Directly to the right of this label is a drop-down menu. Clicking on this menu will display the current download location with a check mark next to it as well as an option labeled Other...
4. If you would like to change the current download location, click Other....